Cosmetic surgery in Mexico: A safe and inexpensive place to get younger
Cosmetic plastic surgery includes surgical and non-surgical procedures that enhance and reshape structures of the body to improve the appearance and confidence of the patient.
When thinking of having cosmetic surgery it is important to have in mind that your appearance will change by reshaping or altering parts of body or face.
Before proceeding to have surgery:
- Realistic expectations: Discussing your desire results before any procedure to the surgeon of your choice, may be of great help. The surgeon will recommend which procedure based on the patients' desires and specific conditions.
- Risks: No surgical procedure is without risk, during the consultation with the surgeon make sure to ask every benefit and possible complications of the procedure.
- Expense: Because it is elective, cosmetic surgery is usually not covered by health insurance. The cost varies depending on the procedure. Also consider the cost of any follow-up care, if needed.
- Recovery: After cosmetic surgery, depending on the procedure, you might need weeks or even months to fully recover. Understanding that you might have to reduce physical activity for a while is also important.
Choosing to have cosmetic surgery is an important decision, so is selecting the place where having the procedure.
Ambulatory Surgery Center: Are they safe?
Usually when thinking of having plastic surgery or cosmetic procedures, many assume that they must have their procedure in a hospital.
Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC) are health care facilities that offer patients the convenience of having procedures performed safely outside the hospital setting. They are known for being a cost-effective alternative to patients.
Ambulatory Surgery Center for Cosmetic Surgery
- Cost-effective: As mentioned before, this is one of the main reasons patients are choosing Ambulatory Surgery Centers. The procedures usually don’t need for the patients to overstay the night of the surgery, making it more affordable for them.
- Lower risks of infections: As they’re fewer patients and overall in good health. Also, ambulatory surgery centers are safe just like hospitals and also held many of the same regulations as hospital-based facilities.
- Convenient for patient care: On this type of surgery, patients can return home on the same day as your surgery to continue with their recovery process.
- Shorter times: Shorter procedure times as shorter recovery times, this attributed to an increase in less invasive surgical techniques and in the fact that patients usually can go home the same day of the procedure.
Although cosmetic and plastic surgery is related to specialties, they are not the same.
The procedures, techniques, and principles of cosmetic surgery are entirely focused on enhancing patients’ appearance and can be performed on all areas of the head, neck, and body.
Preparing for Cosmetic Surgery
Whether considering cosmetic or any other plastic surgery, patients need to know the importance of being in the hands of a doctor with years of training and experience, but also to ensure the place they choose is the right one.
The first step patients can take towards a successful procedure is to become an educated patient.
Before programming a schedule makes sure the surgery center facility ensures the standards of care, safety, and protocols are followed.
Choose a board-certified doctor. When patients choose to have a procedure perform by a board-certified doctor, they’re choosing to be in the care of a highly-trained surgeon.
A board-certified doctor, besides completing their years of surgical training and residence, they’ll have continued medical education each year. Also that the doctors perform in an accredited facility.
Accredited Facility. Cosmetic procedures are commonly performed in an outpatient setting. Choose a facility that meets established standards for safety and quality.
Ask about safety protocols and for the equipment used to take care of emergencies.
Getting in order patients full medical history
Before undergoing any procedure, it is recommended for patients to obtain a full medical history including diagnostic tests.
It is important especially if the patient will be requiring sedation or anesthesia.
Before the procedure, the doctor will do a complete medical checkup in order to determine in the patient is well enough to receive the procedure.
Not everyone is a candidate for surgical or non-surgical treatments.
Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Are you certified?
- How long have you been performing cosmetic procedures?
- What is your medical training?
- Can I see before and after photos of some patients?
- If I don’t like the results of the procedure, what are my options?
- What type of anesthetic will be used?
- What follow-up care will I need?
The closer you work with the specialist to establish specific measurable, and achievable goals before any procedure.
Aftercare for Cosmetic Surgery
Although the recovery and aftercare depend on the type of procedure you have an overall health condition.
We want to make things easier for our patients, therefore we share some general recommendations to have in mind during the recovery process.
Follow the specialist instructions. If the doctor prescribes medication make sure to follow exactly as directed by the doctor.
Avoid any rigorous activity for the first hours after the procedure. Always listen to your body as you heal.
Administrate ice packs. This can help reduce swelling or pain.
In general, it is normal to experience some discomfort, swelling, and redness after cosmetic treatment.
Ask for specific aftercare directions to your procedure to ensure recovery without any complications.
This specialty comprises all medical procedures that are aimed at improving the physical appearance, therefore providing a younger look to the patient.
So what’s the difference between Aesthetic procedures and cosmetic surgery?
Basically is the using of non-invasive to minimally invasive cosmetic treatments which are usually performed in ambulatory facilities/centers and under local anesthesia.
What are the Benefits?
Quick time, non-surgical procedures, very little risk, and almost immediate visible results for those looking for a more rested, younger appearance are some reasons why these practices are becoming more popular year by year.
Not everyone is a good candidate to receive these procedures, as they’re elective. Patients should be in good health condition.
A safe and inexpensive place for cosmetic surgery
By visiting Baja Surgery Center, it is possible to cut costs while still ensuring having a quality treatment by a board-certified doctor.
As the first surgery in town, we offer inexpensive preventive surgical care focusing on same-day procedures as surgical, diagnostic, and non-surgical procedures in a safe environment.
Our surgery center is located in Los Algodones, Mexico Thanks to its proximity, many begin to travel to get high-quality medical treatments and save money.
Los Algodones, Mexico is next to the border with Yuma, AZ and has been for years a medical tourism destination.
But why the inexpensive prices? We often think when we hear lower prices that it means lower quality, by coming to Los Algodones it is possible to receive affordable treatment while enhancing your overall well-being.
All the practices performed at our surgery center, including the cosmetic procedures, are done by qualified doctors who are board-certified and count with years of experience.
At Baja Surgery Center, our team of doctors and specialists are continually developing skills and receiving training to provide only the best care for patients using top-quality equipment.
All procedures are done with support from other specialties in the pre-operative evaluation and post-operative care of our patients.
Doctor Felipe Contla, the medical director of Baja Surgery Center, is a certified member of the Mexican Council of Anesthesiology.
Having this certification means it is safe for the patient to receive both under local or general anesthesia, depending on the procedure and health of each individual.
We ask patients to trust the recommendation and experience of the anesthesiologist related to what type of anesthesia is appropriate to perform the cosmetic procedure they’re electing to have.
Non-invasive procedures with less impact typically can be done with the best possible results under local anesthesia.
While other cosmetic procedures must be monitored by the anesthesiologist continuously under anesthesia to achieve results. General anesthesia is safe when performed in an accredited and licensed facility.
Visit Baja Surgery Center
Look at what our patients have to say about their experience at our facility
“Years ago I had a nose surgery and I was never happy with it.. Finally I decided that I had to do something and through the web, I found Baja Surgery Center. I'm still a little swollen from the surgery, it's only been 10 days, but I can tell the results were exactly what I was looking for.”
“The clinic is very clean and the doctors and staff are very friendly and thorough. I'm very happy about my decision”.
Kathy Taylor, Tacoma, USA
Are you ready to reclaim your confidence? At Baja Surgery Center we are ready and committed to providing patients with the care they deserve for an inexpensive price. You’ll be returning home feeling younger and looking better than ever!