-Have hair left to transplant, the more they have the better will be the result.
-Have the scalp flexible, is better.
-Do not have any disease or alopecia.
-Have lost their hair due to trauma, burns and cosmetic procedures such as facelifts.
-Have fear of cuts and stiches.
-Minimal post-operative discomfort.
• Is made with local anesthetic, without any pain.
• Will improve the appearance and self-confidence.
• The follicles in the covered area grow strong with natural looking results.
• Ensures a natural hair line.
• Invisible linear scars or stiches.
• Low risk of complications.
• Helps to restore the balding receding and thinning hair.
After having hair transplant surgery with FUE technique you must take care of healing will ensure optimal recovery, the growth of transplanted hair. We recommend to:
• Do not touch or rub the transplant area during the first 8-10 days because the follicles could come off, especially in the first three days.
• After surgery, you must rest, take medication as prescribed and hydrate the transplant area. At the time to sleep, we recommend to use a travel pillow and sleep on an elevated position at a 45-degree angle. You can’t drink alcohol, take aspirins or any type of anticoagulant. Do not apply Minoxidil in the first month. You can use a loose-fitting hat at the time of going out of the clinic and it doesn’t have to touch the transplant area.
• The first day after surgery: you will not have any discomfort, some scabs will appear in each follicular unit graft. As the same day after surgery take medication as prescribed and hydrate the transplant area. Now you can clean the donor area with water and soap. Also, you must keep sleeping face up to do not damage the transplant follicles, you can’t drink alcohol, take aspirins or any type of anticoagulant. Do not apply Minoxidil.
Only in the transplanted area, you must apply a sterile saltwater solution, thermal water or physiological saline solution. On the first days after surgery, you will notice that, because of anesthesia, you may have a swollen forefront (including eyes and cheeks). You should not worry, it will disappear but you can help to do massages on the forefront, putting some ice.
• The second and third day after surgery: the same as the first day keep sleeping face up, do not drink alcohol, take aspirins or any anticoagulant. Also keep hydrating the transplanted area apply a sterile saltwater solution, thermal water or physiological saline solution. You can clean the donor site with soap, this zone heals quickly and it doesn’t need some special care.
• The fourth day after surgery: you will be able to wash your hair gently without applying water directly with Ph neutral soap. Remember that you can’t rub the transplanted zone and you can touch it very gently. These first days you will see that some little scabs appeared on both sites; donor and transplanted area, those scabs will come off by themselves. If they do not come off between the 8th and 10th da, you can gently rub in small circular movements until they come off and on 10th day there will be no scabs.
• The tenth day after surgery: you can wash your hair normally. Since day tenth is considered that transplanted follicles are safe, but just in case you must not use a helmet and do not get into the pool until 15th day or even better until the 30th day. Some patients can feel some itching due to healing on the scalp, you can take an antihistamine.
• The third-fourth week after surgery: transplanted hair will fall out (Not the hair follicle), starting rest phase and starting a new growth cycle, subsequently, hair will grow again on 3rd or 4th month. You will see new hair growth. The only special care you must do is to protect it from the sun until the hair grows again.
• The tenth-twelfth month after surgery: You will appreciate the final result of a hair transplant.
The hair shedding effect can appear between the second and the sixth week after surgery, consist of the perception of the patient that it has less hair before surgery. This perception is real because due to a hair transplant, maybe a hair loss on donor area. If this happens you should not worry, it’s a normal process, hair will grow again.
Since third to the fourth week as we mentioned previously, on this desert phase all hair transplanted will fall as the same as shedding effect. You don’t have to worry because it’s part of the process.
In addition that hair transplant surgery improves self-confidence and appearance of the patient, transplant help to cover up bald area with own hair which does not need maintenance or any kind of special shampoo or chemicals, it is because transplanted hair it is like a regular hair and this process is enough with one visit to the doctor.
Something extra is that we offer shuttle services to and from Yuma Airport and also assist you to set up the lodging for your trip to Los Algodones. As well as our clinics give to our patients a complete experience to the high-quality health care they deserve.
Baja Surgery Center is located inside the MediPlaza in Los Algodones is the only and newest plaza in town that offers an extensive variety of health services. We guarantee that all our practices performed at our Surgery Center are done by skilled doctors and follow every safety standard. We offer a multispecialty surgical facility such as; plastic and reconstructive surgery, general surgery, urologic, orthopedic and otorhinolaryngology. Give us a call and one of our patient coordinators will help you with the information you need. Stop hesitating and come to get a better look!